Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.onechurchbasingstoke.org.
OneChurch Basingstoke is an unregistered charity that seeks to bring Basingstoke churches together and supports local churches through the following mission strategy:
Fellowship – Networking and Nurturing: By building friendship, encouraging fellowship and working among the Basingstoke churches together and their leaders.
Communication – Resourcing and Facilitating Communication: Providing information about what is going on among local churches and Christian projects within the town.
Mission – Motivating and Mapping Mission: Being strategic in making Jesus known; supporting Christian ministries in the town; building relationships with the Local Authority and other agencies.
Prayer – Initiating and Co-ordinating Prayer: Praying across the town, expressing our complete reliance on God and seeking His will in all that we do.
The elected Leadership Team are the Charity Trustees for OneChurch and also act as the “Data Controller”.
Rev Trevor Woodget, who is currently our communications administrator, is the “Data Protection Officer” and also “Data Processor”. These people decide how any data we have is processed and for what purposes. Anyone who gives their data to us is called a “Data Subject.” The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation, otherwise known as the GDPR.
OneChurch Basingstoke is part of The Starfish Enterprise Trust Limited which is a Charitable Company Limited by Guarantee. Registered in England. Company Number 07971991, Charity Number 1147380
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
You have given us information, or data about yourself, so as to enable OneChurch Basingstoke to keep in touch with you, in order to provide you with news and information as appropriate. Data Protection legislation allows us to process this information because you have given us your express permission for us to do so.
Your name and contact details are entered into our OneChurch Basingstoke database which is held online by Mailchimp.Com and is password protected and accessed only by our administrator. (Mail Chimp, is based in the USA, and subscribes to the U.S. Data Privacy Shield which has been approved by the E.U.)
Your contact details will be removed from the database if you at any point advise us that you no longer wish to receive emails from us. You may also at any time remove the information yourself by clicking of the link where it says “unsubscribe from this list” that you will see at the bottom of every email we send you
We will not give your contact details to anyone else without your express permission.
You have the right to ask to see any information we hold about you by submitting a ‘Subject Access Request’ to our administrator. You also have the right to ask for information which you believe to be incorrect to be rectified. You can also check and update the information we hold by clicking on the link where it says “update your preferences” which appears at the bottom of every email we send to you.
If you are concerned about the way your information is being handled please speak to our Data Protection Officer who can be contacted by email: email@example.com If you are still unhappy you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We hold your data to help us:
- maintain our list of contacts which includes Church Leaders and people who attend or are in other ways connected to Churches that are associated with OneChurch Basingstoke
- promote our own events and to share news and information concerning OneChurch Basingstoke.
- pass on to you news and information about Christian Mission and about events organised by third parties whether from Churches or from other organisations that we feel may be of interest to yourself or to other members of the church which you attend.
- respond effectively to enquirers and handle any complaints
It is not our intention to overload you with unnecessary or unsolicited communications. We hope these are welcome and informative, but you do have the right to, and can easily, opt out of receiving communications at any time – just let us know.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If we wish to use your data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use and will seek your consent prior to the new processing.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:-
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to process your data at any time;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and, if needed to transmit that data directly to another data controller, known as the right to portability.
- The right where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, where applicable. This only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest / exercise of official authority, direct marketing and the processing for the purposes of scientific / historical research and statistics;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to OneChurch Basingstoke via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
OneChurch Basingstoke, or us
OneChurch Basingstoke, which is part of The Starfish Enterprise Trust Limited which is a Charitable Company Limited by Guarantee. Registered in England. Company Number 07971991, Charity Number 1147380
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by OneChurch Basingstoke and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to OneChurch Basingstoke and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, www.OneChurchBasingstoke.org, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. Date of Birth;
d. Job Title;
f. Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
g. Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
h. Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
i. IP address (automatically collected);
j. Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
k. A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
n. Role in church
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, OneChurch Basingstoke is the “data controller”.
6. We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products / services;
c. transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
d. contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
Third party websites and services
10. OneChurch Basingstoke may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
13. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
14. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
15. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
16. use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
17. sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
18. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
20. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held OneChurch Basingstoke.
21. Data security is of great importance to OneChurch Basingstoke and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
22. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
23. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
25. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
26. Before the Website Places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling OneChurch Basingstoke to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
27. This Website may place the following Cookies:
28. Type of Cookie Purpose Strictly necessary cookies These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services. Analytical/performance cookies They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Functionality cookies These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). Targeting cookies These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
29. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
30. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
31. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
34. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
You may contact OneChurch Basingstoke by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can provide you with access to your personal data at any time – simply drop us a line in writing with your request to:
Rev Trevor Woodget, 7 Brambling Close Basingstoke RG22 5JX.
Data Processor – OneChurch Communications Admin: email to: email@example.com
Data Controller – OneChurch Chairman: Will Ross email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website for Onechurch Basingstoke: www.onechurchbasingstoke.org
Website for the organisation hosting our database MailChimp: https://mailchimp.com
Website for the Information Commissioners Office: https://ico.org.uk/
Photo by Dayne Topkin on Unsplash