PRIVACY notice FOR ONECHURCH BASINGSTOKE
WHO ARE WE?
OneChurch Basingstoke is an unregistered charity that exists for the following reasons:
- encouraging relationships between churches and leaders
- coordinating fellowship between churches and leaders
- providing information about what is going on in other local churches
- building relationships with the local authority of Basingstoke and Deane
- supporting Christian ministries within the town
The elected Leadership Team are the Charity Trustees for OneChurch and also act as the “Data Controller”.
Rev Trevor Woodget, who is currently our communications administrator, is the “Data Protection Officer” and also “Data Processor”. These people decide how any data we have is processed and for what purposes. Anyone who gives their data to us is called a “Data Subject.” The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation, otherwise known as the GDPR.
WHAT IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
You have given us information, or data about yourself, so as to enable OneChurch Basingstoke to keep in touch with you, in order to provide you with news and information as appropriate. Data Protection legislation allows us to process this information because you have given us your express permission for us to do so.
Your name and contact details are entered into our OneChurch Basingstoke database which is held online by Mailchimp.Com and is password protected and accessed only by our administrator. (Mail Chimp, is based in the USA, and subscribes to the U.S. Data Privacy Shield which has been approved by the E.U.)
Your contact details will be removed from the database if you at any point advise us that you no longer wish to receive emails from us. You may also at any time remove the information yourself by clicking of the link where it says “unsubscribe from this list” that you will see at the bottom of every email we send you
We will not give your contact details to anyone else without your express permission.
You have the right to ask to see any information we hold about you by submitting a ‘Subject Access Request’ to our administrator. You also have the right to ask for information which you believe to be incorrect to be rectified. You can also check and update the information we hold by clicking on the link where it says “update your preferences” which appears at the bottom of every email we send to you.
If you are concerned about the way your information is being handled please speak to our Data Protection Officer who can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org If you are still unhappy you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
WHAT ARE THE REASONS WHY WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We hold your data to help us:
- maintain our list of contacts which includes Church Leaders and people who attend or are in other ways connected to Churches that are associated with OneChurch Basingstoke
- promote our own events and to share news and information concerning OneChurch Basingstoke.
- pass on to you news and information about Christian Mission and about events organised by third parties whether from Churches or from other organisations that we feel may be of interest to yourself or to other members of the church which you attend.
- respond effectively to enquirers and handle any complaints
It is not our intention to overload you with unnecessary or unsolicited communications. We hope these are welcome and informative, but you do have the right to, and can easily, opt out of receiving communications at any time – just let us know.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA?
- Some of the personal data held and processed by us is classed as sensitive, because it relates to your “religious affiliation”, in that many people on our mailing list are identified as having a link with a particular church.
- We rely upon your having given us your explicit consent to hold all data.
- We process data on a not for profit basis with religious aim and will continue to do so until such time as you no longer require news and information from us.
- We will not disclose data to any third party without your consent. Your data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with members of the OneChurch Leadership Team in order for to carry out a service to you or for purposes connected with OneChurch Basingstoke. We will only share your data with a third party with your consent or if we should be legally obliged to do so.
- We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out by GDPR.
- We endeavour to maintain only data that is relevant, accurate and up to date. We have internal processes to periodically review the data we hold and will delete data that is no longer relevant.
YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:-
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to process your data at any time;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and, if needed to transmit that data directly to another data controller, known as the right to portability.
- The right where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, where applicable. This only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest / exercise of official authority, direct marketing and the processing for the purposes of scientific / historical research and statistics;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use and will seek your consent prior to the new processing.
We can provide you with access to your personal data at any time – simply drop us a line in writing with your request to:
Rev Trevor Woodget, 7 Brambling Close Basingstoke RG22 5JX.
Data Processor - OneChurch Communications Admin: email to: email@example.com
Data Controller – OneChurch Chairman: Will Ross email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website for Onechurch Basingstoke: www.onechurchbasingstoke.org
Website for the organisation hosting our database MailChimp: https://mailchimp.com
Website for the Information Commissioners Office: https://ico.org.uk/