Date(s) - 27/01/2023
10:00 am - 10:15 am
Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council
Categories No Categories
The theme for 2023’s Holocaust Memorial Day is Ordinary People. Ordinary people were perpetrators, bystanders, rescuers, witnesses – and ordinary people were victims.
The Worshipful the Mayor of Basingstoke and Deane, Cllr Paul Miller, accompanied by the Deputy Leader of the Council, Councillor John Izett, will be laying a wreath at the War Memorial on Friday 27 January 2023 to acknowledge Holocaust Memorial Day on behalf of the borough of Basingstoke and Deane.
At 10am, a bugler will sound to mark the observance of one minute’s silence after which, the welcome and address to be taken by the Mayor’s Chaplain, Reverend Canon Linda Scard.
The short service will finish at approximately 10.15am.
All are welcome to join the Memorial Service, uniting with others in our communities to stop division and the spread of identity-based hostility in our society.
For further information go to the website www.hmd.org.uk.
- The service commences at 10:00.
- The event will finish at 10:15.
- Please find attached a copy of the Order of Service.
Specified Joining Location:
On arrival at Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council Civic Offices, please make your way to the public areas to observe the Holocaust Memorial Day service.
What to do / expect on arrival:
- Stewards are available to help direct you.
Directions / Parking:
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council
Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke RG21 4AH
- Click on link: How to find us.
- There is no parking available on the Civic Campus.
- Please use the Local Public Car Parks – click link for map: Basingstoke Car Parks.
- Have a good breakfast.
- Wear clothes and footwear appropriate to the weather conditions on the day. (If windy for health and safety reasons we ask that umbrellas are not used).
- Bring a bottle of water.
- Wiggle toes when standing.
- Toilet facilities are located in Deanes Building.
Photography and Video:
- Photography, video and audio will be taken at this event. If you do not want a close up image of you to be used in any publicity material for the Mayor or Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council please make the official photographer aware or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01256 845220.